Your Health, Objectively. Treating Everyone Right.
This week kicks off the first part of a podcast series on Total Joints – Shoulder, Knee, and Hip! Hosted by Dr. Rick Lehman, a member of the St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame and the medical director of the U.S. Center for Sports Medicine who has revolutionized cartilage regeneration techniques and reconstruction of articular cartilage. His practice has helped professional athletes at all levels and all sports, as well as Division college athletes, return to form and function. Dr. Lehman specializes in a variety of procedures including but not limited to: Arthroscopic joint reconstruction, Arthroscopic joint surgery, Hardware removal, Knee arthroscopy, Knee debridement & shaving, Ligament reconstruction, Rotator cuff repair, and SLAP repair of shoulder.
Dr. Scott Zehnder, a leader in Orthopaedic surgery with special interest in sports injuries, fractures and joint replacement, adds to our panel of special guests. Now practicing with Motion Orthopaedics, voted Best Orthopaedic Surgeons by St. Louis Magazine from 2009-2020, Dr. Zehnder brings world-class knowledge and expertise to yet another phenomenal session on tap for you.
Are you a candidate for Total Shoulder Replacement (TSR) or Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement (RTSR)? The panel explores specific injuries, conditions, and everything you need to know to become an expert! Learn more about the relationship between PT and Ortho, including how the two functions work closely together to get you back to your normal routines with full range of motion. Our panel of special guests include:
- Dr. Rick Lehman, Director of U.S. Center for Sports Medicine + CEO LehmanHealth
- Dr. Scott Zehnder, MD, Motion Orthopedics, Upper Extremities, (St. Louis, Missouri)
- Kinsey Shouse, DPT, CORA O’Fallon (Missouri)
- Braden Martin, DPT, CORA Knoxville (Tennessee)
- James Allison, DPT, Senior Clinic Manager, CORA Athens (Tennessee)
Evidence suggests that preoperative exercise training (prehab) can reduce length of hospital stay and improve pain and functional outcomes on patients expected to undergo a total shoulder replacement procedure. And physical therapy post-op is just as important for patients to regain strength and resume activity as quickly as possible. Listen and you will learn more about topics such as:
- What is Total Shoulder Replacement (TSR)? What are the benefits?
- What is the best prehab protocol to prepare patients for a TSR procedure?
- As a PT, when is it best to start seeing patients post-TSR?
- How long does a TSR last? What are reasonable expectations as far as return to function?
- What sort of restrictions are put in place for patients during therapy post-surgery? What is the hardest motion to regain?
- What is the length of rehab for a massive repaired rotator cuff tear vs. total shoulder replacement?
This 30 minute panel seeks to answers your questions, plus more expert opinions on pre and post-op total shoulder. You’ll leave the podcast with a better understanding of how a dedicated regimen is proven to decrease post-surgical complication rates, reduce costs of healthcare, and improve quality of life pre and post-surgical procedure.
CORA is in your corner with experienced partners, larger networks, and the resources available to deliver exceptional care to you — and uniquely for you!