Do you or someone you love have a worrisome skin wound that isn’t healing or seems to heal only to recur? Are you tired of paying extravagant prices for special bandages and want the whole thing to be over already? CORA can help.
At CORA, a trained occupational or physical therapist will perform a comprehensive evaluation and develop an individualize care plan. We’ll even show your family or caretaker how they can help. Common treatment approaches can include:
- Measurement and documentation of the wound characteristics
- Cleaning of the wound
- Debridement (removal) of any dead tissue
- Selection and application of wound dressing
- Compression wrapping
- Education of the patient, caregivers and/or family members regarding wound care and dressing changes
- Modalities such as ultrasound mist therapy, electrical stimulation, pulsed lavage, whirlpool
A wound or skin injury can occur for many reasons. Among common causes are accidents, surgery, burns and poor circulation. People with diabetes often have wounds that take a long time to heal and need special care. Signs and symptoms of a wound that needs treatment at CORA include:
- Skin breakdown
- Changes to skin color
- Temperature changes
CORA’s therapists have the experience and the know-how to help chronic wounds heal faster and prevent complications. The sooner you get here, the better off you’ll be.