Your Health, Objectively. Treating Everyone Right.
In Your Corner with CORA continues our series on common upper and lower extremity injuries for football players, as well as your everyday next door neighbor ‘Joe’ or ‘Jane’. The series kicked off with Shoulder Injuries before tackling Pectoralis Major Tears and Distal Biceps Tendon Tears. This week our guest panel talks AC Joint Injuries with host Dr. Richard Lehman.
- Dr. Richard Lehman, Director of U.S. Center for Sports Medicine + CEO LehmanHealth
- Dr. Nathaniel R. Evans, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon, OrthoSC (South Carolina)
- Amanda Milanak, DPT, Clinic Manager, CORA Socastee (Socastee, SC)
During this episode, Dr. Nathaniel R. Evans, MD and Amanda Milanak, DPT, Clinic Manager of CORA Socastee explain the basic anatomy of the AC Joint and answer common questions including:
- How do you examine stability, range-of-motion (ROM) and degeneration?
- What is the mechanism of injury in acute trauma to the AC joint?
- How does chronic AC arthritis occur?
- What are the varying grades of AC instability? How do we rehab AC injuries conservatively?
- What are the surgical options for AC joint instability (conservative care vs. surgical care)?
- Who is a candidate for surgical stabilization?
- What is the post-op rehab for a surgically repaired AC joint? How long is initial immobilization?
- When does physical therapy start? What sports can patients return to and when?
Our expert panel walks viewers through the rehab process from initial injury through regained strength and return-to-play. You can’t get this kind of expertise anywhere else. CORA is in your corner with experienced partners, larger networks, and the resources available to deliver exceptional care to you — and uniquely for you.
Watch, listen, and enjoy!