Your Health, Objectively. Treating Everyone Right.
In Your Corner with CORA continues our series on common upper and lower extremity injuries for football players, as well as your everyday next door neighbor ‘Joe’ or ‘Jane’. The series kicked off with Shoulder Injuries before tackling Pectoralis Major Tears. This week our guest panel talks Distal Biceps Tendon Tears with host Dr. Richard Lehman.
- Dr. Richard Lehman, Director of U.S. Center for Sports Medicine + CEO LehmanHealth
- Dr. Sri Pinnamaneni, MD – Orthopedic Surgeon, Signature Orthopedics (Missouri)
- Adam Prather, DPT, CIDN – CORA Somerset (Kentucky)
Educate yourself on the basic anatomy of the distal biceps tendon along with some of the root causes of injury. As you’ll learn, tearing your biceps tendon can happen to anyone. Your biceps tendon can be compromised by jerky, harsh movements that impact anybody from your NFL superstar athlete to your gym rat weekend warrior, and even those who work on farms or cattle ranches.
Dr. Pinn, Orthopedic Surgeon at Signature Orthopedics in Missouri and Adam Prather, DPT in Somerset, KY explain the anatomy of the biceps tendon, and specifically the anatomy of the distal insertion of the distal biceps.
Scratching your head saying, “Huh?” We don’t blame you! Leave it to the experts to break it all down into simple terms so you can better understand your body and your recovery options. Listen for personal stories and shared experiences that will help it all make sense, including recommended prehab and rehab protocols, tips to prevent injury and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Are there certain risk factors for a distal biceps tendon tear (anabolic steroids, smoking, certain movements or repetitive actions)?
- How does the injury typically occur? Is there a certain profile type, age or demographic?
- What are the different ways to repair a biceps tendon … one incision vs. two incisions?
- In what ways do post-op protocols and rehab programs differ for each technique?
- Are there complications or nerve related issues present in distal biceps tendon repair?
- What are some common treatment options for this type of injury?
- What can the patient expect post-op? Is there an expected timeline for return-to-work? Return-to-sports? Recreational activities you enjoy?
Fact is … you can’t get this kind of expertise anywhere else! CORA is in your corner with experienced partners, larger networks, and the resources available to deliver exceptional care to you — and uniquely for you.