Your Health, Objectively. Treating Everyone Right.
This week continues our podcast series on Total Joints – Shoulder, Knee, and Hip (+ Robotic Assisted Total Hip)! We then explored the differences between Anterior vs. Posterior vs. Lateral approaches to total hips. And now, our esteemed panel of experts with special guest Dr. Mahesh Bagwe, MD, Assistant Team Orthopedic Surgeon for the St. Louis Cardinals, tackle the topic of Total Ankle Replacements.
- Dr. Rick Lehman, Director of U.S. Center for Sports Medicine + CEO LehmanHealth
- Dr. Mahesh Bagwe, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon at The Orthopedic Center of St. Louis
- Jodi Klott, DPT, Clinic Manager, CORA Creve Coeur (Missouri)
Familiarize yourself with pre and post-op precautions. Listen and learn how today’s technology, plus our highly-skilled partners, can speed up your recovery. The panel discusses questions such as:
- What is a Total Ankle Replacement (TAR)?
- What are the different types including the anatomy of TAR?
- Who is a candidate? Who is not a candidate?
- What activities can one do with a TAR? What are the restrictions from prehab through rehab and quality of life thereafter?
- How does it compare to a total hip or total knee replacement?
- How long does a typical TAR last? And what is the expected Range of Motion (ROM)?
Dr. Rick Lehman (U.S. Center for Sports Medicine), Dr. Mahesh Bagwe, MD and Jodi Klott, DPT discuss these questions and more based on literature, real-life patients and decades of experience.
CORA is in your corner with experienced partners, larger networks, and the resources available to deliver exceptional care to you — and uniquely for you!